The School Campus
Our school building benefits from spacious classrooms supplemented with netbook and tablet banks. Our classrooms are flexible working spaces where our students can experience a variety of learning approaches. By combining elements such as: formal work areas, reading areas, circle time and interactive areas for group work with modern technology the school provides a truly effective learning environment.
Our wireless campus with fibreoptic internet connection allow classes seamless access to the internet. In addition, visits to the library and IT Centre are designed to foster the potential of research both online and through written text.
In the art studio and science laboratories our students are encouraged to explore and take advantage of all the resources on offer. We have two playgrounds and a number of indoor, flexible-use spaces. The school also makes use of additional nearby facilities, including athletic tracks and games pitches.
Our curriculum supports Every Child Matters.
Various initiatives for pupils to be healthy and safe include:-
- Requirement to bring healthy snacks to school
- Healthy cooking sessions
- Encouragement for children to make healthy choices
- Opportunities are provided for children to participate in school activities and responsibilities to build their confidence and self-esteem e.g. helping with younger children, being monitors, participating in assemblies
- Access to drinking water throughout the day
- Litter bins are provided around the school
- School dinner cooked/prepared on site giving healthy and substantial meals
- P.E. curriculum meets required standards
- Promotion of Physical activities at lunchtime and after school to encourage healthy lifestyles
- Security of the site is monitored
- Safety issues discussed with the pupils through the curriculum
- Resources and materials are chosen and checked to follow safety standards
- Outside agencies, i.e. Fire Service, dentists, are invited into school to raise pupils awareness
- We provide clear, planned curriculum opportunities for children to understand and explore feelings using appropriate learning and teaching styles
- We have a clear policy on bullying, which is owned, understood and implemented by the whole school community.
Curso de Verano